This category includes the following three sub-categories:
- Workers with Extraordinary ability.
- Outstanding Professors and Researchers.
- Multinational Executives and Managers
The advantage offered by the first preference category are three-fold:
- Not subject to Labor Certification requirement
- The Immigration and Naturalization laws allocates 28.6 percent of the total number of employment based immigrant visas per year plus the unused visas set aside for investors and special immigrants.
- No employment offer is required.